- a person who goes on a weekend vacation.
- a weekend guest.
- a traveling bag large enough to carry the clothing and personal articles needed for a weekend trip.
- a small pleasure boat, especially a sailboat, equipped to accommodate usually not more than four persons for a weekend cruise.
- a person who engages in a sport, hobby, or other activity occasionally, especially on weekends.
- Slang. a minor offender sentenced to serve a weekend or series of weekends in jail.
Origin of weekender
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for weekender
The lady cyclist and the weekender will avail themselves of their advantages rather than the rural labourer.Old Country Inns of England
Henry P. Maskell
- a person spending a weekend holiday in a place, esp habitually
- Australian a house, shack, etc, occupied only at weekends, for holidays, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012