- any meat that is light-colored before cooking, as veal or chicken (distinguished from red meat).
- meat that is light-colored after cooking, as veal or breast of chicken or of turkey (distinguished from dark meat).
- Slang: Vulgar. a white person considered as a sexual partner.
- Southern U.S. salt pork, fatback, or other pork without any lean.
- Archaic. food made from milk.
Origin of white meat
Examples from the Web for light meat
Historical Examples of light meat
Don't you think you can say which is the dark-meat and which is the white-meat poet?The Poet at the Breakfast Table
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- any meat that is light in colour, such as veal or the breast of turkeyCompare red meat
meat of poultry, pigs, etc., as opposed to red meat, is recorded from 1752; earlier it meant "foods prepared from milk" (early 15c.). Black slang sense of "white women as sex partners" is from 1920s.