Origin of winder
Examples from the Web for winder
Historical Examples of winder
Now set right down here, where you can see out o' the winder.
You jest pull in my sheets, an' shet the winder, while I do it.
Except the milk, and he gave me my ha'porth through the winder.The Channings
Mrs. Henry Wood
There's house with a winder, but I am afraid of their being proud.Life And Adventures Of Martin Chuzzlewit
I shut every winder tight and I make Kenelm do the same thing.Thankful's Inheritance
Joseph C. Lincoln
- a person or device that winds, as an engine for hoisting the cages in a mine shaft or a device for winding the yarn in textile manufacture
- an object, such as a bobbin, around which something is wound
- a knob or key used to wind up a clock, watch, or similar mechanism
- any plant that twists itself around a support
- a step of a spiral staircase