- any of several climbing vines, as a European honeysuckle, Lonicera periclymenum, or the Virginia creeper of North America.
Origin of woodbine
Examples from the Web for woodbine
Historical Examples of woodbine
I need hardly say they had no idea the house on the hill was "Woodbine Villa."
Woodbine Villa was put up to let furnished, and it was taken by—Mr. Coventry.
Yet my letters must have all reached Woodbine Villa, or why are they not sent back?
He peremptorily refused to let him be moved from Woodbine Villa.
"Those men fire with remarkable precision," said Captain Woodbine.A Lieutenant at Eighteen
- a honeysuckle, Lonicera periclymenum, of Europe, SW Asia, and N Africa, having fragrant creamy flowers
- American woodbine a related North American plant, L. caprifolium
- US another name for Virginia creeper (def. 1)
- Australian obsolete, slang an Englishman