- woodsman(def 1).
- a person who fells timber, especially for fuel.
- a forester having charge of the king's woods.
- a woodcutter.
- a dealer in wood, especially one who sells kindling wood.
- Obsolete. a hunter of forest game.
Origin of woodman
Examples from the Web for woodman
Contemporary Examples of woodman
The Woodman keeps track of all of this, on behalf of its customer.
Likely, The Woodman taps the facilities of a much larger, more-specialized operation like Loyalsock Firewood in Montoursville.
Historical Examples of woodman
How very different was it to-day with our woodman Christopher!Christian Gellert's Last Christmas
She makes her husband invisible, while she assumes the form of a woodman.Russian Fairy Tales
W. R. S. Ralston
You look as if you were goin' to recite—'Woodman, spare that tree.'In Apple-Blossom Time
Clara Louise Burnham
He had seen old Michel, the woodman, sitting so at evening many a time.
Woodman's protests carried him to imprisonment and the stake.Highways & Byways in Sussex
- a person who looks after and fells trees used for timber
- another word for woodsman
- obsolete a hunter who is knowledgeable about woods and the animals living in them