- an adherent or member of the royal family of York, especially in the Wars of the Roses.
- belonging or pertaining to the English royal family of York.
- of or relating to the Yorkists.
Origin of Yorkist
Examples from the Web for yorkist
Historical Examples of yorkist
Burdet had figured as a Yorkist and fought for the White Rose.The Wars of the Roses
John G. Edgar
But the Londoners showed that they had no sympathy; they were on the Yorkist side in the interest of strong government.Old St. Paul's Cathedral
All the pendant badges which I have enumerated belong to secular heraldry, as do the roses and suns which form the Yorkist collar.
Extra taxes on aliens were levied under both Lancastrian and Yorkist rulers with little profit.
Queen Margaret, the 'outlandish woman' as her Yorkist enemies called her, was in Chester in the year 1459.Cheshire
Charles E. Kelsey
- a member or adherent of the royal house of York, esp during the Wars of the Roses
- of, belonging to, or relating to the supporters or members of the house of York