BACK TO cumulative
cumulative vs. accumulative
[ kyoo-myuh-luh-tiv, -ley-tiv ]
- increasing or growing by accumulation or successive additions: the cumulative effect of one rejection after another.
- formed by or resulting from accumulation or the addition of successive parts or elements.
- of or relating to interest or dividends that, if not paid when due, become a prior claim for payment in the future: cumulative preferred stocks.
[ uh-kyoo-myuh-ley-tiv, -luh-tiv ]
- tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- tending to accumulate wealth; acquisitive.