- the active voice.
- a form or construction in the active voice.
SYNONYMS FOR active
THINK YOU’VE GOT A HANDLE ON THIS US STATE NICKNAME QUIZ?
Origin of active
synonym study for active
OTHER WORDS FROM active
Example sentences from the Web for active
En même temps elle prend des mesures actives, et si ces mesures sont tolérées, ses prétentions augmenteront proportionnellement.Why We Are At War (2nd Edition, revised)|Members of the Oxford Faculty of Modern History
All the leading junior clubs swore by him and would use no ball but his,—the champion Actives, the Alerts, the Uncas.From School to Battle-field|Charles King
Liquors which can be made solid by the effect of certain re-actives, offer, on this account, some advantage.History of Embalming|J. N. Gannal
British Dictionary definitions for active
- producing or being used to produce profit, esp in the form of interestactive balances
- of or denoting stocks or shares that have been actively bought and sold as recorded in the Official List of the London Stock Exchange
- containing a source of poweran active network
- capable of amplifying a signal or controlling some functionan active component; an active communication satellite
- the active voice
- an active verb