- a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- Law. a person appointed by a court to take charge of the estate of a decedent, but not appointed in the decedent's will.
- Also called Informal, admin. Computers.
- a person who manages and supports a computer system or network, as in a business or other organization: the company’s system administrator; a database administrator.Compare system operator.
- a person who determines the site policies, appoints moderators, and manages the technical operation of an Internet message board or other interactive website: a forum administrator.
- a user account on a home computer accessible only by the user who manages the computer system.Compare root1(def 11b).
- a user who has access to this user account.
Origin of administrator
Related Words for administratorhead, executive, supervisor, custodian, official, bureaucrat, chief, authority, commander, director, manager, officer, organizer, judge, superintendent, inspector, leader, dean, minister, controller
Examples from the Web for administrator
Contemporary Examples of administrator
I recently got asked by an administrator at the Library of Congress to do unpaid labor for its website.Rich People Want You to Work for Free
October 20, 2014
The report also names the administrator of one such targeted directory, a German computer science student named Sebastian Hahn.Use or Look at Online Privacy Tools? NSA Labels You an ‘Extremist’
July 3, 2014
Instead of having an athletic director or an administrator imposes their ideas.College Football’s Toughest Play: Unionizing
January 30, 2014
Now Rob Ford himself is a member of the group according to administrator, Korbett Matthews who says he is friends with the mayor.Inside the Wild World of Crack-Smoking Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s Facebook Defenders
December 26, 2013
The administrator says that the site gets at least 15,000 unique hits a day.Edward Snowden Inspires European Youths to Train as Spies
Barbie Latza Nadeau
July 11, 2013
Historical Examples of administrator
Now then, John, you are the administrator of my father's estate; you have seen what you have seen.Her Father's Daughter
A married woman can be executor, administrator, guardian or trustee.
A married woman may act as executor, administrator or guardian.
These cities become the hardest problem for the administrator of law.Policing the Plains
That the Church should be administrator was not the difficulty.John Knox
A. Taylor Innes
- a person who administers the affairs of an organization, official body, etc
- property law a person authorized to manage an estate, esp when the owner has died intestate or without having appointed executors
- a person who manages a computer system