- a person, machine, or device that analyzes.
- Optics. a polarizing device, often a Nicol prism, that indicates the direction of vibration of light by selecting and transmitting only the component of linearly polarized light in that direction.
Origin of analyzer
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for analyzer
Did the Analyzer say there was any way of breaking this defense?
"The Analyzer stated definitely that there was no way, if the premise were true," Malley answered gloomily.
- An analyst.
- The prism in a polariscope that analyses polarized light.
- The neural basis of a conditioned reflex, including the sensory side of the reflex arc and its central connections.
- An apparatus attached to electroencephalographic instruments to measure electrical frequency.
- Any of various instruments used for performing an analysis.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.