- pertaining to the period, 1066–1154, when England was ruled by Normans.
- of or relating to Anglo-Normans or the Anglo-Norman dialect.
- a Norman who settled in England after 1066, or a descendant of one.
- Anglo-French(def 3).
Origin of Anglo-Norman
Examples from the Web for anglo-norman
Historical Examples of anglo-norman
This was its state through the Anglo-Norman and Plantagenet reigns.The Town
This was a Cromwellian modification of the Anglo-Norman oath.
But there was always a tendency to lawlessness wherever the Anglo-Norman went.
Anglo-Norman and Celt, feudalist and tribesman, alike were Catholics.Irish History and the Irish Question
Perhaps the Anglo-Norman fault had ramifications in the affected areas?The Tremendous Event
- relating to the Norman conquerors of England, their society, or their language
- a Norman inhabitant of England after 1066
- the Anglo-French language