- the arrangement of elements into various groups without regard to their order in the group.
- a group thus formed.Compare permutation(def 1).
DIVE INTO THIS BALMY SUMMERTIME SPELLING QUIZ
Origin of combination
OTHER WORDS FROM combination
Words nearby combination
Example sentences from the Web for combination
He uses some combination of the words comfort or discomfort in regards to how he feels about situations over 30 times.
While the look worked for some, the combination of heat and chemicals took a toll on the hair of others.Goodbye To A Natural Hair Guru: Miss Jessie's Cofounder Titi Branch Dead At 45|Danielle Belton|December 16, 2014|DAILY BEAST
But if he heard this combination of Greek and Cuban music, he would be forced to reconsider.
Late Thursday night, the House passed the combination continuing resolution/omnibus spending bill by a vote of 219-206.
I would define Rockefeller Republican in the classic sense as a combination of fiscal responsibility and social conscience.
It is this power of combination with bases that makes them of value in wool dyeing.The Dyeing of Woollen Fabrics|Franklin Beech
Combination among producers to keep up prices is always possible in a market restricted by law.Principles of Political Economy|Arthur Latham Perry
The combination of these causes led to one of the most remarkable rises in price ever known.Mammon and Co.|E. F. Benson
Well, it is a combination job between mail clerk and tariff compiler.Warren Commission (6 of 26): Hearings Vol. VI (of 15)|The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
The deformity presents a combination of the hollow foot—pes cavus—with pes calcaneus, and resembles that of a Chinese lady's foot.
British Dictionary definitions for combination
- the set of numbers that opens a combination lock
- the mechanism of this type of lock
- an arrangement of the numbers, terms, etc, of a set into specified groups without regard to order in the groupthe combinations of a, b, and c, taken two at a time, are ab, bc, ac
- a group formed in this way. The number of combinations of n objects taken r at a time is n !/[(n – r)! r !]. Symbol: n C rCompare permutation (def. 1)