- of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
- well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price.
- having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.
- useful to a competitor; giving a competitor an advantage: He was careful not to divulge competitive information about his invention.
Origin of competitive
Examples from the Web for competitiveness
Contemporary Examples of competitiveness
Have done more damage to American competitiveness than al Qaeda ever could.Charlie Rangel on Immigration, Pope Francis & His Successor
August 2, 2013
Each year, we rate all 50 states on more than 50 metrics in 10 categories of competitiveness.South Dakota Is 2013 Top State for Business
July 9, 2013
For many years, Italy maintained its competitiveness by serial devaluations.Euro Crisis: Reheated
February 27, 2013
Such reforms will not only raise revenue, but also increase American competitiveness in the global marketplace and create jobs.Washington’s No-Balls Sequestration Surrender
February 17, 2013
A focus on competitiveness and productivity with a goal of returning to 3-4% growth.How Will the GOP Respond to Economic Growth, Ctd?
November 27, 2012
Historical Examples of competitiveness
Efficiency, productivity and competitiveness are the buzzwords of this phase.
Some base streak of competitiveness in Mr. Britling's nature made it seem impossible that he should relinquish the lady to Oliver.Mr. Britling Sees It Through
H. G. Wells
What motivates them are arguments of competitiveness, not national identity, political philosophy, or family pride.The Civilization of Illiteracy
A devalued Rouble will enhance the competitiveness of the Russian industrial and commodity production sectors.
Tax policy, regulatory practices, and government programs all need constant reevaluation in terms of our competitiveness.
- involving or determined by rivalrycompetitive sports
- sufficiently low in price or high in quality to be successful against commercial rivals
- relating to or characterized by an urge to competea competitive personality