- a reverie indulged in while awake.
- to indulge in such a reverie.
Origin of daydream
SynonymsSee more synonyms for daydream on Thesaurus.com
2. fantasize, dream, muse, woolgather.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for daydreamer
No daydreamer likes being pulled out of his dream by so ugly a reality as Pete, and Johnny was petulant.Skyrider
B. M. Bower
- a pleasant dreamlike fantasy indulged in while awake; idle reverie
- a pleasant scheme or wish that is unlikely to be fulfilled; pipe dream
- (intr) to have daydreams; indulge in idle fantasy
Word Origin and History for daydreamer
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper