- a reverie indulged in while awake.
- to indulge in such a reverie.
Origin of daydream
Synonyms for daydreamSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for daydreamerseer, prophet, zealot, idealist, dreamer, romantic, theorist, astronomer, enthusiast, mystic, utopian, stargazer, daydreamer, astrologer, escapist, romancer, fantasizer, star-gazer
Examples from the Web for daydreamer
Historical Examples of daydreamer
No daydreamer likes being pulled out of his dream by so ugly a reality as Pete, and Johnny was petulant.Skyrider
B. M. Bower
- a pleasant dreamlike fantasy indulged in while awake; idle reverie
- a pleasant scheme or wish that is unlikely to be fulfilled; pipe dream
- (intr) to have daydreams; indulge in idle fantasy
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper