- a person or thing that demonstrates.
- Also demonstrant. a person who takes part in a public demonstration, as by marching or picketing.
- a person who explains orteaches by practical demonstrations.
- a person who exhibits the use and application of (a product, service, etc.) to a prospective customer.
- the product, device, machine, etc., actually used in demonstrations to purchasers or prospective customers: They sold the demonstrator at half price.
Origin of demonstrator
Related Words for demonstratorradical, striker, rioter, marcher, revolutionary, agitator, troublemaker, dissenter, objector, disrupter
Examples from the Web for demonstrator
Contemporary Examples of demonstrator
Yusuf Yerkel, an advisor to Erdogan, was caught on camera as he kicked a demonstrator in Soma.After 100s of Miners Die, Turkey’s Prime Minister Says “This Happens”
May 15, 2014
While I was in the arena, a demonstrator who'd been shot in the shoulder lay on his side for about an hour on the arena floor.Egypt’s Government Thugs Beat Me Up at the Rabaa Sit-In
August 14, 2013
One demonstrator gave a dark prediction about what might lie ahead: “Blood.”Turkish Protesters Are Entrenched as Protests Continue
June 6, 2013
Occasionally they captured a demonstrator and dragged him back into their ranks.Return to Military Rule Sits Uneasily with Egyptians
January 31, 2013
In one incident near the city of Nablus, Israeli soldiers opened fire and killed a demonstrator, according to Israeli media.Will U.N. Push Lead to Uprising?
September 24, 2011
Historical Examples of demonstrator
The demonstrator brightened up and picked up one of the toys.Toy Shop
Henry Maxwell Dempsey
A demonstrator had the back off from one of the big Lambert-Howell sprayers.Alarm Clock
Everett B. Cole
A demonstrator of anatomy—and he could soothe a nerve as well as expose a muscle.The Jucklins
He went out with a demonstrator and the car made good the dealer's word.We Can't Have Everything
Mr. Anderson was subsequently curator, and Mr. Wheeler demonstrator.Chelsea
- a person who demonstrates equipment, machines, products, etc
- a person who takes part in a public demonstration
- a piece of merchandise, such as a car that one test-drives, used to display merits or performance to prospective buyers
1610s, "one who points out," agent noun in Latin form from demonstrate. From 1680s as "one who uses exhibits as a method of teaching;" 1870 as "one who participates in public demonstrations."