- of, relating to, or used in diagnosis.
- serving to identify or characterize; being a precise indication.
- diagnosis(def 1).
- a symptom or characteristic of value in diagnosis.
- Medicine/Medical. a device or substance used for the analysis or detection of diseases or other medical conditions.
- a message output by a computer diagnosing an error in a computer program, computer system, or component device.
- a program or subroutine that produces such messages.
Origin of diagnostic
Examples from the Web for diagnostic
Obama did authorize sending kits for a diagnostic Ebola test called the EZ1 Real-Time RT-PCR Assay.Why the White Americans Got the ‘Secret’ Ebola Serum
August 8, 2014
Affluenza is not found in our diagnostic categories of mental illness and it is not even a construct that makes sense.No, Affluenza Is Not a Real Thing
Dr. Michelle K. London
December 16, 2013
So then what will the diagnostic process look like in 20 or 30 years?America’s Depression Diagnoses Epidemic and How to Fix It
March 30, 2013
In 2009, WPI licensed its diagnostic test for chronic fatigue to a clinic next door, VIP Dx.How Research into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Turned into an Ugly Fight
July 23, 2012
It now provides facilities for maternal and infant care, along with diagnostic laboratories and an emergency blood bank.Take Action!
The Daily Beast
March 8, 2010
No diagnostic importance of any kind can however be ascribed to them.Histology of the Blood
This case was of much interest from the diagnostic point of view.Surgical Experiences in South Africa, 1899-1900
George Henry Makins
What are the diagnostic characters of beginning elephantiasis?
Mention the diagnostic features of dermatitis herpetiformis.
Dr. Ashe listened to this, watching her, with a diagnostic mind.Dodo Wonders
E. F. Benson
- of, relating to, or of value in diagnosis
- med any symptom that provides evidence for making a specific diagnosis
- a diagnosis
Word Origin and History for diagnostic
1620s (adjective and noun), from Greek diagnostikos "able to distinguish," from diagnostos, verbal adjective from diagignoskein (see diagnosis). Related: Diagnostics.
- Of, relating to, or used in a diagnosis.
- Serving to identify a particular disease; characteristic.
- diagnostics The art or practice of medical diagnosis.
- A symptom or a distinguishing feature serving as supporting evidence in a diagnosis.
- An instrument or a technique used in medical diagnosis.