- designed for or capable of being thrown away after being used or used up: disposable plastic spoons; a disposable cigarette lighter.
- free for use; available: Every disposable vehicle was sent.
- something disposable after a single use, as a paper cup, plate, or napkin.
Origin of disposable
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- designed for disposal after usedisposable cups
- available for use if neededdisposable assets
- something, such as a baby's nappy, that is designed for disposal
- (plural) short for disposable goods
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for disposability
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper