- to transfer (software, data, character sets, etc.) from a distant to a nearby computer, from a larger to a smaller computer, or from a computer to a peripheral device.
- software, data, etc., that has been downloaded: the best free music downloads.
- the act or process of downloading.
Origin of download
Related Words for downloadload, compute, program, run, digitize, computerize, initialize, input, keyboard
Examples from the Web for download
Contemporary Examples of download
Just download the Virtual Joey App and you are ready to stream DISH service right to that screen.New Innovations Let You Watch TV Anywhere You Go
December 8, 2014
Or should people be free to download and print anything they so choose?What Are We Protecting with Gun Laws?
November 13, 2014
Users also require the bandwidth and patience to download large files (Flames of War is nearly a gigabyte).ISIS Is Winning the Online Jihad Against the West
Ali Fisher, Nico Prucha
October 1, 2014
You can download the Kindle App for free on your desktop or laptop computer, smart phone or tablet.The Stacks: The Day ‘The Big Lebowski’ Came to Life
July 26, 2014
Even better, let me download the entire CD booklet as a pdf.25 Things I Want from an Online Music Service (and Almost Never Get)
June 30, 2014
Historical Examples of download
For full functionality of this file, download the html version.The Rise of the Mediaeval Church
Alexander Clarence Flick
Such fonts can be located on the internet by searching for download Baybayin font.Doctrina Christiana
When you download my book, please: do weird and cool stuff with it.Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town
If you download the test version before then, you can have a free update to the release version without a 30-day limit.Color Images from Mars Rovers
If you want to download all three volumes and have the links work on your own computer, then follow these directions carefully.Louise de la Valliere
Alexandre Dumas, Pere
- to copy or transfer (data or a program) into the memory of one computer system from a larger one
- to broadcast specialist programmes, for such groups as doctors, outside normal broadcasting hours. They are often recorded on video tapes and viewed laterCompare upload
- esp Canadian to delegate or assign (work, responsibilities, costs, etc) to a someone at a lower level of an organization; off-load
- a file transferred onto a computer from another computer or the internet
- To transfer data or programs from a server or host computer to one's own computer or digital device. Compare upload.