- any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
- any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
- any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
- any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.
- chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter.
- personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
verb (used with object), drugged, drug·ging.
IS YOUR DESERT PLANT KNOWLEDGE SUCCULENT OR DRIED UP?
Idioms for drug
Origin of drug1
Definition for drug (2 of 3)
verb Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.Nonstandard.
Definition for drug (3 of 3)
Origin of Drug
Example sentences from the Web for drug
Once she arrived solo at his hotel suite, he drugged her and told her to chase it with a shot of amaretto.Two New Bill Cosby Accusers Come Forward: ‘We Challenge Mr. Cosby to End This Nightmare’|Marlow Stern|December 3, 2014|DAILY BEAST
After she ended a 6-month-long consensual affair with Cosby, she claims he drugged her backstage before a performance in Denver.Bill Cosby’s Long List of Accusers (So Far): 18 Alleged Sexual Assault Victims Between 1965-2004|Marlow Stern|November 24, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Many of the boys had been drugged or tricked into coming to the center, and to watch them adjust was very difficult.China Doesn't Want You to See the Internet Addiction Film 'Web Junkie'|Shosh Shlam and Hilla Medalia|August 9, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The dog might even have been drugged (we might call this the Scooby Doo explanation).
“Some kids were drugged, others were tricked into coming here,” says one of the kids.‘Web Junkie’ Is a Harrowing Documentary on China’s Internet Addiction Rehab Clinics|Marlow Stern|January 20, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Bridget B. claimed retrospectively that she felt dead or drugged, that her limbs were lifeless, she felt as if she had lockjaw.Benign Stupors|August Hoch
Why the other had drugged him was a mystery, but he was content to wait for enlightenment.Star Hunter|Andre Alice Norton
Somebody had drugged him; some wicked men had played a trick, etc., etc.Fiddles|F. Hopkinson Smith
Or, the letter hints at insanity; suppose he was lured somewhere and drugged—kept drugged.Against Odds|Lawrence L. Lynch
It is laughable to read of those days when men were drugged with pills, boluses and powders.Caesar's Column|Ignatius Donnelly