- any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
- any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
- any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
- any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.
- chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter.
- personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
Idioms about drug
Origin of drug1
Other definitions for drug (2 of 3)
Other definitions for drug (3 of 3)
Origin of Drug
How to use drug in a sentence
So, this is basically Moneyball applied to cancer-drug development.Will a Covid-19 Vaccine Change the Future of Medical Research? (Ep. 430)|Stephen J. Dubner|August 27, 2020|Freakonomics
Several drugs, including remdesivir, interfere with that process.New treatments aim to treat COVID-19 early, before it gets serious|Tina Hesman Saey|August 24, 2020|Science News
From the Bay Area to Portland to Austin to Clearwater, Florida, and beyond, drug companies are actively recruiting participants.
In a separate February 2019 study in the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, 25 of 26 cats treated with the drug for at least 12 weeks survived.How two coronavirus drugs for cats might help humans fight COVID-19|Erin Garcia de Jesus|August 11, 2020|Science News
We had both been pot dealers in high school and experimented with all variety of drugs.
At the same time anyone could carry anything—even drugs—easily.
Like, the party was definitely over, but we just kept taking drugs anyway [laughs].Deer Tick's John McCauley on Ten Years in Rock and Roll|James Joiner|January 2, 2015|DAILY BEAST
Nestled in the hills are small market towns like Buleda, dominated by Baluch who make a living smuggling diesel and drugs.The Dangerous Drug-Funded Secret War Between Iran and Pakistan|Umar Farooq|December 29, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Some medicines, like HIV drugs, are very expensive, as most them are under brand names.
New York State is going paperless, at least when it comes to drugs.
It is small in cloudy swelling from toxins and drugs, and variable in renal tuberculosis and neoplasms.A Manual of Clinical Diagnosis|James Campbell Todd
He carried home some valuable drugs, precious stones, and Brazil wood; but had lost two of his three ships on the voyage.Journal of a Voyage to Brazil|Maria Graham
More people have been poisoned by the drugs inside of the Pharmacopœia than by those outside of it.The Treatment of Hay Fever|George Frederick Laidlaw
You were kept under drugs most of the way to help you rest—they'd knocked you around quite a bit in the inquisitory.Security|Poul William Anderson
No wonder that drugs more powerful than our minds, used to numb the pains of life, are so much in demand and so universally used.Tyranny of God|Joseph Lewis