- the arch or ridge forming the upper part of the orbit of the eye.
- the fringe of hair growing on this arch or ridge.
- a dormer having a roof that is an upwardly curved continuation of the main roof plane.
- Printing, Journalism. kicker(def 9).
- Nautical. a curved molding protecting a port from falling or dripping water.
Origin of eyebrow
Related Words for eyebroweyebrow, wig, hairstyle, grass, fur, haircut, fiber, wool, strand, mane, mien, top, face, countenance, front, temple, shock, lock, tress, down
Examples from the Web for eyebrow
Contemporary Examples of eyebrow
It barely raised an eyebrow, perhaps because many assumed it was yet another iteration of the same old pipedream.China’s Nicaragua Canal Could Spark a New Central America Revolution
November 30, 2014
In any other civilized nation this effort at some kind of summer escape would barely raise an eyebrow.Obama’s Extravagant Summer Break? More Like, America’s Vacation-Deficit Disorder
August 10, 2014
The reason it says ‘Sketched with eyebrow pencil and lipstick by Ralph Steadman’ was that I used those very things.The Gonzo Artist: Behind Ralph Steadman’s Most Famous Work
April 27, 2014
So we are left with a strong “maybe” for the Mississippi case and a California case that should barely raise an eyebrow.The ‘HIV-Cured Baby’ Distorts Hope
March 7, 2014
His deft hand with makeup and eyebrow grooming has made him somewhat of a Hollywood legend.Meet Hollywood's Eyebrow King, Damone Roberts
August 18, 2013
Historical Examples of eyebrow
Doctor taps Mr. Dibble on the eyebrow with his forefinger, and away they go.The Uncommercial Traveller
At the sight of the figures he raised his eyebrow and glanced up at Roden.Roden's Corner
Henry Seton Merriman
The girl lifted it up to her face, and gently and repeatedly rubbed her eyebrow.A Spirit in Prison
Let her give the word, lift an eyebrow, and I take her across the world.Love and Lucy
Maurice Henry Hewlett
To this informing statement the other man did not so much as lift an eyebrow.They of the High Trails
- the transverse bony ridge over each eye
- the arch of hair that covers this ridgeRelated adjective: superciliary
- raise an eyebrow See raise (def. 31)
- The bony ridge that extends over the eye.
- The arch of short hairs that covers this ridge.
see cause raised eyebrows.