- the study or the application of the influence of political and economic geography on the politics, national power, foreign policy, etc., of a state.
- the combination of geographic and political factors influencing or delineating a country or region.
- a national policy based on the interrelation of politics and geography.
- a Nazi doctrine that a combination of political, geographic, historical, racial, and economic factors substantiated Germany's right to expand its borders and control various strategic land masses and natural resources.
Origin of geopolitics
Related Words for geopoliticstopography, geopolitics, geology, cartography, physiography, topology, statesmanship, chorography
Examples from the Web for geopolitics
Contemporary Examples of geopolitics
The F-22, after decades of development, is finally becoming relevant to American security and geopolitics.America’s Advanced Stealth Jet Flies on 1990s Tech
October 1, 2014
In geopolitics, the doctrine of mutually assured destruction prevents the use of weapons of mass destruction against a foe.The App Bringing Out The Best/Worst in Washington’s Gays
May 31, 2014
They go where the profits are, not where geopolitics dictates.Bringing U.S. Energy Policy Into the 21st Century
April 1, 2014
His book, he hopes, combines science, geopolitics, and larky history.BP, Putin, and the Power of Oil
March 9, 2014
Everything I ever really needed to know about geopolitics I learned from watching the Olympics.The Olympics Are Already Two Days Old. This Is Your Test.
February 9, 2014
Historical Examples of geopolitics
The newcomers were all destitute, the refugees of the geopolitics of hate from both the Eastern block and from the Arab countries.
These eunuchs of geopolitics do not dare to carry their military and economic clout to its logical and beneficial conclusion.
Unfortunately possessed of strategic import, the Balkan was ravaged by geopolitics.
- (functioning as singular) the study of the effect of geographical factors on politics, esp international politics; political geography
- (functioning as plural) the combination of geographical and political factors affecting a country or area
- (functioning as plural) politics as they affect the whole world; global politics