- the particular group of persons forming the cabinet at any given time: The prime minister has formed a new government.
- the parliament along with the cabinet: The government has fallen.
Origin of government
Examples from the Web for governmentally
Historical Examples of governmentally
The attitude of the public toward the governmentally decreed system of social economy is not the least interesting feature of it.The Iron Ration
George Abel Schreiner
- the executive policy-making body of a political unit, community, etc; ministry or administrationyesterday we got a new government
- (capital when of a specific country)the British Government
- the state and its administrationblame it on the government
- (as modifier)a government agency
late 14c., "act of governing or ruling;" 1550s, "system by which a thing is governed" (especially a state), from Old French governement (Modern French gouvernement), from governer (see govern). Replaced Middle English governance. Meaning "governing power" in a given place is from 1702.