- covered with hair; having much hair.
- consisting of or resembling hair: moss of a hairy texture.
- causing anxiety or fright: a hairy trip through the rapids.
- full of hardship or difficulty: a hairy exam; a hairy illness.
Origin of hairy
Synonyms for hairy
Related Words for hairierfurry, shaggy, woolly, fuzzy, unshaven, scary, hirsute, bearded, bristly, bushy, downy, fleecy, flocculent, fluffy, rough, tufted, pilose, bewhiskered, lanate, pileous
Examples from the Web for hairier
Historical Examples of hairier
But it was larger and hairier than the glass one he had seen at the gift store.The Perfectionists
Even the hands of the sprawled form seemed larger and hairier than the hands of her husband.The Calm Man
Frank Belknap Long
He looks like an intoxicated pterodactyl,” said Mr. Lonergan, who had some knowledge of prehistoric animals,—“only hairier.Philo Gubb Correspondence-School Detective
Ellis Parker Butler
- having or covered with hair
- difficult or problematic
- scaring, dangerous, or exciting
- Covered with hair or hairlike projections.
- Consisting of or resembling hair.