- possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality: a healthy body; a healthy mind.
- pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind: a healthy appearance; healthy attitudes.
- conducive to good health; healthful: healthy recreations.
- prosperous or sound: a healthy business.
- Informal. fairly large: I bought a healthy number of books.
Origin of healthy
Synonyms for healthySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for healthy
Related Words for healthiervigorous, tough, normal, athletic, healthful, hearty, lively, fresh, active, robust, strong, advantageous, aseptic, beneficial, benign, bracing, cathartic, clean, conducive, corrective
Examples from the Web for healthier
Contemporary Examples of healthier
We have richer, healthier lives and more meaningful relationships of all kinds.How Good Dads Can Change the World
Gary Barker, PhD, Michael Kaufman
January 6, 2015
The healthier appearance and civilian clothing are very peculiar.ISIS’s Futile Quest to Go Legit
January 5, 2015
Diets not only fail to make us thinner, they also fail to make us healthier in the long term.Why Your New Year’s Diet Will Fail
December 30, 2014
This health tracker for dogs fits snugly around collars and monitors activity with the goal of making dogs happier and healthier.Nothing Says I Love You Like Data
The Daily Beast
December 8, 2014
It was reaffirmed in 2012, and popular support has been steadily building an ever—healthier majority for marriage equality.America’s First Post-Gay Governor
October 24, 2014
Historical Examples of healthier
I am glad to see you again, and in a healthier place than the Circumlocution Office.'Little Dorrit
Seems to me it grows chill, and I think it is healthier in-doors.Poems
William D. Howells
Our five hundred had helped pay his way to a healthier climate, that's all.'
It came in puffs at fust, and every puff was healthier than the one previous.
I'm better built, healthier and stronger in every way than he ever was.Frank Merriwell's Pursuit
Burt L. Standish
- enjoying good health
- functioning well or being soundthe company's finances are not very healthy
- conducive to health; salutary
- indicating soundness of body or minda healthy appetite
- informal considerable in size or amounta healthy sum
Word Origin and History for healthier
It is wrong to say that certain articles of food are healthy or unhealthy. Wholesome and unwholesome are the right words. A pig may be healthy or unhealthy while alive; but after he is killed and becomes pork, he can enjoy no health, and suffer no sickness. [Eliza Leslie, "Miss Leslie's Behaviour Book," Philadelphia, 1839]
- Possessing good health.
- Conducive to good health; healthful.
- Indicative of sound, rational thinking or frame of mind.