- a pimple.
- a reddish mark left on the skin by a passionate kiss.
- any device or gadget whose name is not known or is momentarily forgotten.
- Electricity. a fitting used to mount a lighting fixture in an outlet box or on a pipe or stud.
- a tool used to bend tubes and pipes.
Origin of hickey
Related Words for hickeyblister, blemish, lump, acne, freckle, blot, bruise, wart, blotch, smudge, imperfection, pimple, snag, stigma, stain, scar, discoloration, abscess, zit, carbuncle
Examples from the Web for hickey
Contemporary Examples of hickey
“We are already implementing our plan and are getting good early results,” Hickey told a House oversight subcommittee July 18.Veterans Waiting Even Longer for Benefits, Especially in Big Cities
August 29, 2012
Your Hickey in The Iceman Cometh has become legendary and most recently you played Jim Tyrone in A Moon for the Misbegotten.Kevin Spacey on Casino Jack
December 14, 2010
Historical Examples of hickey
The Reverend Hickey has appealed strongly to my love of legend.
Miss Hickey: that I admire all that is admirable in you is but to say that I have a sense of the beautiful.
Father Hickey had suffered the meed of his inhospitable conduct.
We raced after them just as a man named Hickey ran from the bushes and joined them.A Virginia Scout
Hickey was in the heavy middleweight class while he was still a bantam.Skippy Bedelle
- US and Canadian informal an object or gadget: used as a name when the correct name is forgotten, etc; doodah
- US and Canadian informal a mark on the skin, esp a lovebite
- printing a spot on a printed sheet caused by an imperfection or a speck on the printing plate
Word Origin for hickey