- next after the ninety-ninth; being the ordinal number for 100.
- being one of 100 equal parts.
- a hundredth part, especially of one (1/100).
- the hundredth member of a series.
- Also called hundredth's place. (in decimal notation) the position of the second digit to the right of the decimal point.
Origin of hundredth
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for hundredth
Tears have been shed when our adult brains best his for the hundredth time at The Memory Game.My Loser Kid Should Get a Trophy
August 22, 2014
The modern Iraqi state is less than a century old but it may not survive to mark its hundredth birthday.Vets Pick the Best Books About Iraq
The Daily Beast
July 5, 2014
Of course, when growth's anemic, you hate to lose even a hundredth of a percentage point.How to Think About the Minimum Wage
February 14, 2013
Are they the same shape and size, down to the nearest hundredth millimeter?The New Child-Testing Craze
Po Bronson, Ashley Merryman
February 17, 2010
For the hundredth time I repeat I cannot give you this order!A Nest of Spies
A hero who worked to win even when there was only “a hundredth chance.”Polly of Lady Gay Cottage
Emma C. Dowd
"I cannot make it out," said Margaret for the hundredth time.Howards End
E. M. Forster
Not a tenth, not a hundredth part of them has been preserved.Cratylus
A hero who worked to win even when there was only "a hundredth chance."The Duke Of Chimney Butte
G. W. Ogden
- (usually prenominal)
- being the ordinal number of 100 in numbering or counting order, position, time, etc
- (as noun)the hundredth in line
- one of 100 approximately equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a hundredth part
- one of 100 equal divisions of a particular scientific quantitycentimetre Related prefix: centi-
- the fraction equal to one divided by 100 (1/100)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for hundredth
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper