[in-kuh n-sis-tuh n-see]
- the quality or condition of being inconsistent.
- an inconsistent thing, action, remark, etc.
Origin of inconsistency
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for inconsistence
All which I mention purely to salve that inconsistence, 45 of the levity of dancing with the gravity of divine worship.
An inconsistence of which the antients had no idea; since, on that occasion, they almost constantly joined dancing to singing.
- lack of consistency or agreement; incompatibility
- an inconsistent feature or quality
- the property of being inconsistent
- a self-contradictory proposition
Word Origin and History for inconsistence
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper