[in-kuh n-sis-tuh n-see]
- the quality or condition of being inconsistent.
- an inconsistent thing, action, remark, etc.
Origin of inconsistency
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for inconsistence
Historical Examples of inconsistence
All which I mention purely to salve that inconsistence, 45 of the levity of dancing with the gravity of divine worship.
An inconsistence of which the antients had no idea; since, on that occasion, they almost constantly joined dancing to singing.
- lack of consistency or agreement; incompatibility
- an inconsistent feature or quality
- the property of being inconsistent
- a self-contradictory proposition
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper