- not finite.
- (of a set) having elements that can be put into one-to-one correspondence with a subset that is not the given set.
SYNONYMS FOR infinite
Examples from the Web for infinitely
Fated to die in the end like all the others he describes himself as “the saddest man in the world… infinitely sad.”
Our meritocracy has become the ideology of a self-concerned, infinitely ambitious, and basically fearful economy.We Need More Class Traitors: Solving America’s Meritocracy Problem|Jedediah Purdy|April 20, 2014|DAILY BEAST
And will the new virus force the survivors out of the prison and into the big, bad (and infinitely more interesting) world?The Walking Dead ‘Infected’ Recap: There Will Be Exploding Faces|Melissa Leon|October 21, 2013|DAILY BEAST
He advised diners to flee “right back out the door … you will be spared an infinitely larger measure of tedium.”Guy Fieri Battles Scathing New York Times Review by Pete Wells|Katie Baker|November 16, 2012|DAILY BEAST
Which, as all writers will agree, is at least infinitely better than having one or two people show up.
She scarcely ever went abroad now, but for all that, her world was infinitely widened.The Best Short Stories of 1919|Various
Even in America, on an infinitely smaller scale, the question was old and unanswered.The Education of Henry Adams|Henry Adams
Some things are cheaper here—the railway comes a little cheaper, and is infinitely more miserable.Sea and Sardinia|D. H. Lawrence
The sudden transition from sorrow and despair to this excess of joy excited him infinitely.Stoneheart|Gustave Aimard
The trouble about Christianity is that it is infinitely selfish.The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol. 8 (of 12)|Robert G. Ingersoll
British Dictionary definitions for infinitely
- having no limits or boundaries in time, space, extent, or magnitude
- (as noun; preceded by the)the infinite
- having an unlimited number of digits, factors, terms, members, etcan infinite series
- (of a set) able to be put in a one-to-one correspondence with part of itself
- (of an integral) having infinity as one or both limits of integrationCompare finite (def. 2)