- the act or manner of managing; handling, direction, or control.
- skill in managing; executive ability: great management and tact.
- the person or persons controlling and directing the affairs of a business, institution, etc.: The store is under new management.
- executives collectively, considered as a class (distinguished from labor).
Origin of management
SynonymsSee more synonyms for management on Thesaurus.com
1. regulation, administration; superintendence, care, charge, conduct, guidance, treatment.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the members of the executive or administration of an organization or businessSee also line management, middle management, top management
- managers or employers collectively
- the technique, practice, or science of managing, controlling or dealing withanger management
- the skilful or resourceful use of materials, time, etc
- the specific treatment of a disease, disorder, etc
Word Origin and History for managemental
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
The body of individuals who run major businesses, usually without owning them but often with the reward of stock options.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.