- a morbid state or quality.
- the proportion of sickness or of a specific disease in a geographical locality.
Origin of morbidity
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for morbiditiesdoldrums, malaise, foreboding, sorrow, pessimism, bitterness, weariness, grief, sadness, despair, misery, woe, discouragement, anguish, horror, distress, oppression, blues, depression, unhappiness
Examples from the Web for morbidities
Historical Examples of morbidities
- the state of being morbid
- Also: morbidity rate the relative incidence of a particular disease in a specific locality
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The quality of being morbid.
- A diseased state.
- The incidence or prevalence of a disease.
- Morbidity rate.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.