- a morbid state or quality.
- the proportion of sickness or of a specific disease in a geographical locality.
Origin of morbidity
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for morbidities
- the state of being morbid
- Also: morbidity rate the relative incidence of a particular disease in a specific locality
Word Origin and History for morbidities
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The quality of being morbid.
- A diseased state.
- The incidence or prevalence of a disease.
- Morbidity rate.