- characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of bias related to age, color, national origin, religion, sex, etc.: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.
- discriminative(defs 1, 2).
Origin of discriminatory
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for nondiscriminatoryindependent, neutral, nonaligned, uninvolved, unbiased, disinterested, evenhanded, open-minded, dispassionate, equitable, detached, nonpartisan, available, vacant, free, appropriate, suitable, public, impartial, honest
- based on or showing prejudice; biased
- capable of making fine distinctions
- (of a statistical test) unbiased
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for nondiscriminatory
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper