- of or relating to numbers; of the nature of a number.
- indicating a number: numerical symbols.
- bearing or designated by a number.
- expressed by numbers instead of letters: numerical cryptography; numerical equations.
- of or relating to one's skill at working with numbers, solving mathematical problems, etc.: tests for rating numerical aptitude.
- Mathematics. absolute(def 12).
Origin of numerical
Related Words for numericnumeral, numerical, arithmetic, binary, exponent, fraction, fractional, integrated, mathematical, statistical, arithmetical, differential, digital, exponential, logarithm, logarithmic, numerary
Examples from the Web for numeric
Historical Examples of numeric
Numeric references within the text refer to the bibliography.The Toxicity of Caffein
Most valuable information respecting the chronology and numeric systems of the Egyptians has been derived from them.Museum of Antiquity
L. W. Yaggy
Numeric notes refer to the extensive Notes section of the text.The War With Mexico, Volume I (of 2)
Justin H. Smith
Footnotes with numeric tags are located near the end of the work.The Gunpowder Plot and Lord Mounteagle's Letter
Henry Hawkes Spink Jr.
Raised dots were replaced with decimal points in numeric notations.Freshwater Sponges, Hydroids & Polyzoa