- to surpass in shining; shine more brightly than.
- to surpass in splendor, ability, achievement, excellence, etc.: a product that outshone all competitors; to outshine one's classmates.
- to shine out or forth: a small light outshining in the darkness.
Origin of outshine
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for outshined
- (tr) to shine more brightly than
- (tr) to surpass in excellence, beauty, wit, etc
- (intr) rare to emit light
Word Origin and History for outshined
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper