- prominent; conspicuous; striking: an outstanding example of courage.
- marked by superiority or distinction; excellent; distinguished: an outstanding student.
- continuing in existence; remaining unsettled, unpaid, etc.: outstanding debts.
- (of securities and the like) publicly issued and sold or in circulation.
- standing out; projecting: a stiff, outstanding fabric.
- Archaic. that resists or opposes.
Origin of outstanding
Synonyms for outstandingSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for outstandinglydecidedly, considerably, obviously, greatly, notably, remarkably, conspicuously, strikingly, noticeably, particularly, very, markedly, prominently, especially, exceptionally, principally, unusually, specially, surprisingly, extremely
Examples from the Web for outstandingly
Historical Examples of outstandingly
He was outstandingly brave at a time when the world was full of brave men.The Kingdom Round the Corner
One thing became at once outstandingly certain to the unsophisticated reader.The Roof Tree
Charles Neville Buck
Of course this is, in a measure, true in every field of investigation, but it is outstandingly true in psychical research.Modern Religious Cults and Movements
Gaius Glenn Atkins
What are the outstandingly significant sex differences which application of the above criterion leaves?Taboo and Genetics
Melvin Moses Knight, Iva Lowther Peters, and Phyllis Mary Blanchard
If upon further testing these third group plants proved to be outstandingly productive or hardy they were given a higher rating.Northern Nut Growers Association Report of the Proceedings at the Thirty-Eighth Annual Meeting
Northern Nut Growers Association
- superior; excellent; distinguished
- prominent, remarkable, or striking
- still in existence; unsettled, unpaid, or unresolved
- (of shares, bonds, etc) issued and sold
- projecting or jutting upwards or outwards