- Also called phytonutrient. any of various bioactive chemical compounds found in plants, as antioxidants, considered to be beneficial to human health.
- of or relating to phytochemistry or phytochemicals.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to phytochemistry or phytochemicals
- a chemical that occurrs naturally in a plant
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A plant-derived chemical that is not considered an essential nutrient in the human diet but is believed to have beneficial health effects.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.