Words nearby polarizer
How to use polarizer in a sentence
Using a tripod-mounted camera, shoot a hero shot with a circular polarizer filter turned, so it removes reflections on the side of the vehicle.How to take cool photos of cars|Mark Elias / Popular Photography|July 29, 2022|Popular-Science
Unfortunately, that meant I couldn’t turn vertically polarized light into horizontally polarized light with a single polarizer.
Now, I had tons of polarizers, and each one also reflected 1 percent of any light that hit it — no matter its polarization or orientation — while polarizing the remaining 99 percent of the light.
When light passes through a polarizer, only the light whose polarization aligns with the polarizer passes through.
When they aren’t perfectly aligned, only the component of the light that’s in the direction of the polarizer passes through.
But the cold, white glare was more intense than he had expected, and he had to shut them again and turn on the polarizer.The Marooner|Charles A. Stearns
Placing the plate in front of the polarizer, I turn one of the Nicols until the two halves of the plate show a common puce colour.
First, then, we have a prism which receives the light from the electric lamp, and which is called the polarizer.
Through this glass the beam from the polarizer now passes, being intercepted by the Nicol in front.
Introducing a plate of quartz between the polarizer and the spar, the two images glow with complementary colours.