- a person or thing that reduces.
- an oxidizing solution for lessening the density of an exposed negative.
- a developing agent.
- (in plumbing) a coupling decreasing in diameter at one end.Compare increaser(def 2).
Origin of reducer
Examples from the Web for reducer
Historical Examples of reducer
Helen's next remark was in the natures of a reducer for the said expansion.The Portygee
Joseph Crosby Lincoln
The alkali sets the reducer in action and is called the accelerator.
He is not to be dreaded by widows and orphans; he is a reducer of surplusage.The Gentle Grafter
Or, is it king Nala the reducer of hostile towns that hath come here?Mahabharata of Krishna-Dwaipayana Vyasa Bk. 3 Pt. 1
The destroyer of enemies,” “the reducer of the disobedient,” “the exterminator of rebels,” “he whose sword is good.Tradition
John Francis Arundell
- photog a chemical solution used to lessen the density of a negative or print by oxidizing some of the blackened silver to soluble silver compoundsCompare intensifier (def. 3)
- a pipe fitting connecting two pipes of different diameters
- a person or thing that reduces