- a person or thing that sheds.
- a lobster, crab, etc., just before it molts.
Origin of shedder
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for shedder
I could not give him up as a shedder of blood—he was in my hand.Merkland
Blood must not stain its walls; no shedder of gore could be its architect.
And this is another spell against which the shedder of blood for ever strives in vain.Our Mutual Friend
But he was little more than a shedder of blood; he accomplished nothing, and I name him only as one of the figures of our beach.Heart of Man
George Edward Woodberry
Where is the divine injunction against the shedder of man's blood to rest?The History of "Punch"
M. H. Spielmann
- a person or thing that sheds
- an animal, such as a llama, snake, or lobster, that moults
- NZ a person who milks cows in a milking shed