- Also called shuttle. the object that is struck back and forth in badminton and battledore, consisting of a feathered cork head and a plastic crown.
- the game of battledore.
- to send or bandy to and fro like a shuttlecock.
- to move or be bandied to and fro.
- of such a state or condition: a shuttlecock existence.
Origin of shuttlecock
Examples from the Web for shuttlecock
Contemporary Examples of shuttlecock
The Mile High dinner series is just one of many events the cousins throw under their umbrella company, Shuttlecock Inc.Join The Mile High (Dining) Club
September 26, 2014
Historical Examples of shuttlecock
Companion in battledore and shuttlecock, Romane de Clos-Vougeot!Burlesques
William Makepeace Thackeray
Why they would toss you over their heads like a shuttlecock.History, Manners, and Customs of the North American Indians
It is to be a shuttlecock between discontent and temptation.What Will He Do With It, Complete
You saw only two things: the shuttlecock, and your partner in the game.
It is not possible to play, and see anything but the shuttlecock.
- a light cone consisting of a cork stub with feathered flights, struck to and fro in badminton and battledoreOften shortened to: shuttle
- anything moved to and fro, as in an argument
- to move or cause to move to and fro, like a shuttlecock