- Slang. a person who is habitually high on drugs, especially marijuana, or alcohol; a person who is usually stoned.
- a person who pelts or assails with stones: stoners of Paul the Apostle.
- Chiefly British. a person or thing that weighs a specified number of stone (used in combination): a 12-stoner.
Related Words for stonerprecise, respectable, moral, correct, polite, dusty, drab, grey, silvery, perfect, strict, appropriate, legitimate, proper, equitable, factual, true, stone, lead, slate
Examples from the Web for stoner
Contemporary Examples of stoner
So, in that stoner frame of mind, I thought, “Johnny Depp would crush this.”Kevin Smith's Marijuanaissance: On 'Tusk,' 'Falling Out' with Ben Affleck, and 20 Years of 'Clerks'
September 9, 2014
Is subversion on the horizon or will Black Jesus sacrifice a historically political concept for the sake of a stoner comedy?‘Black Jesus’ Resurrected: Racial Stereotypes or Subversive Comedy?
August 8, 2014
I never was a big fan of Cheech and Chong or [stoner] genre movies.‘Silicon Valley’ and the Return of Stoner Television
April 10, 2014
On ‘Expired Love,’ Nebraska-born Emily Kinney sings about stoner boyfriends, jealousy, and lost loves.The Walking Dead’s Killer Diva Emily Kinney on Daryl and ‘Expired Love’
March 20, 2014
Or, as with Stoner, a whole lot of people might point a whole lot of neon signs at it.Famous for Not Being Famous: Enough About ‘Stoner’
October 31, 2013
Historical Examples of stoner
This Stoner affair, of course, has upset Cotherstone dreadfully.
Now which on us would you be inclined to fix it on, Mr. Stoner?
Something within Stoner was urging him on to go straight to the point.
The place in which they met was an appropriate one—for Stoner's purpose.
"Here's a convenient spot," said Stoner, with a nasty laugh.
- a device for removing stones from fruit
- slang a person who is habitually under the influence of drugs or alcohol