Definition for whizzer (2 of 2)
Examples from the Web for whizzer
The time was to come, and that very soon, when this decision of the inventor of the Whizzer stood the adventurers in good stead.
Whizzer turned over on his head, 's near as I c'd make out fer dust.Chip, of the Flying U|B. M. Bower
There was a well equipped kitchen aboard the Whizzer and soon savory odors were coming from it.
Tom sent the Whizzer down until the hotels and cottages could be made out quite plainly.
One advantage which Tom noticed at once, was that the Whizzer had a large electric storage battery.
British Dictionary definitions for whizzer (1 of 3)
British Dictionary definitions for whizzer (2 of 3)
British Dictionary definitions for whizzer (3 of 3)
- (of coffee or tea) with milk or cream
- (of bread) made with white flour
- extremely clean and white
- informal very pure, honest, and moral
- a white or light-coloured piece or square
- (usually capital) the player playing with such pieces
- the outer ring of the target, having the lowest score
- a shot or arrow hitting this ring
Derived Formswhitely, adverbwhiteness, nounwhitish, adjective
Word Origin for white
Idioms and Phrases with whizzer
In addition to the idioms beginning with white
- white as a sheet
- white elephant
- white feather
- white flag, show the
- white lie
- white sale
- black and white
- bleed someone white
- great white hope
- show the white feather