or wing ding
- a noisy, exciting celebration or party.
- a fit, either induced by drugs or feigned.
- a fit of anger; a rage.
Origin of wing-ding
1925–30, Americanism; rhyming compound, perhaps based on wing
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a noisy lively party or festivity
- (as modifier)a real wingding party
- a real or pretended fit or seizure
C20: of unknown origin
Word Origin and History for wingding
1927, originally hobo slang, "counterfeit seizures induced to attract sympathy;" meaning "energetic celebration" first recorded 1949.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper