- to torment or harass maliciously or diabolically, as with doubts, distractions, or worries.
- to possess, as with a devil; bewitch.
- to cause confusion or doubt in; muddle; confound: an issue bedeviled by prejudices.
- to beset or hamper continuously: a new building bedeviled by elevator failures.
Origin of bedevil
Related Words for bedevilingannoy, bother, irritate, beset, harass, torment, baffle, rattle, unsettle, unhinge, provoke, bug, badger, fluster, muddle, bewilder
Examples from the Web for bedeviling
Historical Examples of bedeviling
In less than two years the world was rid of most of what had been bedeviling it.And All the Earth a Grave
Carroll M. Capps (AKA C.C. MacApp)
Suzanne was bedeviling him by her support and communications.The "Genius"
Bud was oblivious, for he had come into Bennett's Woods to try to solve the problems that were bedeviling him.The Black Fawn
James Arthur Kjelgaard
And as the bedeviling thing had begun, so it had continued, losing none of its potency for evil.The Price
- to harass or torment
- to throw into confusion
- to possess, as with a devil