- occurring every two months.
- occurring twice a month; semimonthly.
- a bimonthly publication.
- every two months: Next year we plan six field trips to take place bimonthly.
- twice a month; semimonthly.
Origin of bimonthly
Related Words for bimonthlypamphlet, booklet, journal, manual, daily, brochure, paper, periodical, newspaper, newsletter, weekly, rag, sheet, organ, review, annual, slick, joint, glossy, gazette
Examples from the Web for bimonthly
Contemporary Examples of bimonthly
The situation is the same with “bimonthly,” which can mean “twice a month” and “every two months.”‘New York’ Mag & the Cruel Double Meaning of ‘Biweekly’
December 2, 2013
Historical Examples of bimonthly
He explained that his pay was six rupees a month paid bimonthly.From Sea to Sea
Bimensal, bī-mens′al, adj. happening once in two months: bimonthly.
Bimonthly, bī-munth′li, adj. once in two months; also twice a month.
Sessions for the trial of grave criminal cases are held monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly, according to circumstances.Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official
Bimonthly election of the priors of Urbino, with certain powers, and with a salary of fifteen ducats.Memoirs of the Dukes of Urbino, Volume I (of 3)
- every two months
- (often avoided because of confusion with sense 1) twice a month; semimonthlySee bi- 1
- a periodical published every two months