- a register or directory of socially prominent persons.
- any register or directory, as of major companies or officials.
- a blank book used in taking college examinations, usually with a blue cover.
- a British parliamentary or other publication bound in a blue cover.
- (initial capital letters) Trademark. a reference manual listing the current market value of used cars by model and year of manufacture.
- a similar manual listing the market value of other items, appliances, etc.
Related Words for blue bookquery, search, attempt, final, evaluation, analysis, standard, trial, experiment, inquiry, investigation, assessment, approval, inspection, check, list, catalogue, almanac, checkup, scan
Examples from the Web for blue book
Historical Examples of blue book
Steve viewed that blue-book frowningly, envying Upton deeply.
You—you had a blue-book in your hand, however, did you not, when you—er—left?
Tom searched at the far end of the table and drew a blue-book to light.
It's a lie that you swiped Upton's blue-book with his composition in it, I suppose.
Everything he had, found some buyer; even a blue-book seemed to have its attraction.The Mystery of the Sea