- built into a computer's hardware and thus not readily changed.
- (of a terminal) connected to a computer by a direct circuit rather than through a switching network.
- (of electrical or electronic components) connected by hardwiring.
- pertaining to or being an intrinsic and relatively unmodifiable behavior pattern: Every cricket has a hard-wired pattern of chirps.
Origin of hard-wired
Examples from the Web for hardwired
Contemporary Examples of hardwired
It makes evolutionary sense that we're hardwired to go postal about intentional harm from other people.We Shouldn't Treat Terrorism the Way We Treat Bathroom Falls
June 13, 2013
From the very beginning, victimhood was hardwired into the Christian psyche.The Death of Jesus and the Rise of the Christian Persecution Myth
March 31, 2013
Y is for our young, now hardwired to be eco-fanatics, for better or worse, and for Yvo de Boer.A Skeptic's Guide to Copenhagen
December 6, 2009
- (of a circuit or instruction) permanently wired into a computer, replacing separate software
- (of human behaviour) innate; not learnedhumans have a hard-wired ability for acquiring language