- not satisfied or content with currently prevailing conditions or circumstances.
- dissatisfied with the existing government, administration, system, etc.
- a malcontent person, especially one who is chronically discontented or dissatisfied.
Origin of malcontent
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- disgusted or discontented
- a person who is malcontent
C16: from Old French
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for malcontentedness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper