- not satisfied or content with currently prevailing conditions or circumstances.
- dissatisfied with the existing government, administration, system, etc.
- a malcontent person, especially one who is chronically discontented or dissatisfied.
Origin of malcontent
SynonymsSee more synonyms for malcontent on Thesaurus.com
3. grumbler, complainer, faultfinder.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- disgusted or discontented
- a person who is malcontent
C16: from Old French
Word Origin and History for malcontentedness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper