- a person who favors a moderate approach to the achievement of a set of goals or who holds minimal expectations for the success of a program.
- a practitioner of minimalism in music or art.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of minimalism.
- being or offering no more than what is required or essential: a minimalist program for tax reform.
Origin of minimalist
Related Words for minimalistminimal, essential, minimum, moderate, conservative, stark, austere, spare, spartan, unadulterated, basic
Examples from the Web for minimalist
Contemporary Examples of minimalist
Think delicate fan movements, fabulous outfits, and minimalist movements and sets.Bar-Hopping With the Kyoto Geisha
September 1, 2014
At which point it becomes clear that we have entered a minimalist, bloodless horror movie.Scarlett Johansson is an Alien Seductress in ‘Under the Skin’
April 3, 2014
Following a minimalist turn, Lady Gaga is back with a vengeance.The Return of Lady Gaga’s Outrageous Fashion
April 2, 2014
The dress is a classic, with its soft, lavender hue, chiffon fabric, and minimalist shape.Barbara Tfank: The Red Carpet Radical
March 2, 2014
Though the minimalist view has been widely portrayed as more nuanced than the expansive one, that is mistaken.Obama’s Kobe Bryant-Al Qaeda Flap
January 22, 2014
- a member of the faction of the Social Revolutionaries that advocated immediate postrevolutionary democracy
- a less common name for a Menshevik
- a person advocating a minimal policy, style, technique, action, etc
- a minimal artist
- of or relating to minimal art or artists