[pree-dis-puh-zish-uh n, pree-dis-]
- the fact or condition of being predisposed: a predisposition to think optimistically.
- Medicine/Medical. tendency to a condition or quality, usually based on the combined effects of genetic and environmental factors.
Origin of predisposition
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the condition of being predisposed
- med susceptibility to a specific diseaseSee diathesis
Word Origin and History for predispositional
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The state of being predisposed.
- A condition of special susceptibility, as to a disease.